RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE AUCTION SITE
2016 ROTARY AUCTION RULES AND REGULATIONS
Welcome to the 2016 Rotary Club Auction. Rotary auctions in Oakville, Milton and Mississauga are over 30 years old! This year the auction is once again exclusively online where bidders place their bids via the internet.
INTERNET BIDDING begins at oakvillerotaryauction.com starting on Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 9:00 am and ends on Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 10:00 pm EST.
Proceeds from the internet auction support a variety of charities, programs and services in and around Oakville, Milton, Kitchener and Mississauga, as well as several international programs that Rotary is proud to endorse. For a full list of the charities and organizations which will be supported by the Rotary Clubs of Oakville Trafalgar, Milton, Kitchener and Mississauga Lakeshore please send a request to email@example.com.
Please Note: The 2016 Rotary Auction Committee reserves the right to update and change these rules from time to time.
HOW THE AUCTION WORKS:
WEBSITE AUCTION SITE: oakvillerotaryauction.com
The auction will be open for Internet bidding on November 5, 2016 at 9:00 am EST. The auction closes at 10:00 pm EST on November 19, 2016. Internet bidding is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week until the close of bidding. The computerized auction system will automatically close the auction at 10:00 pm local time on November 19, 2016. At the close, the highest bidder for each item will be declared the winner, provided the bid meets the reserve. This winner is determined by the system automatically. Inquiries about the 2016 Auction can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. Participation is open to anyone 18 years of age or over. Each item is described on the Internet.
2. The Rotary Clubs of Oakville Trafalgar, Milton, Kitchener and Mississauga Lakeshore assume no responsibility for any claim associated with the items. The purchaser takes the item purchased "as is, where is" and the vendor makes no representation as to the fitness or purpose of any item.
3. Auction listings of items available for bidding, as listed on the Internet, are a guide only and the 2016 Rotary Auction Committee and its Donors take no responsibility and will accept no liability arising from an inaccurate description of an item. This is a charity auction with donated items.
4. Bidders must first register using their name, address, contact numbers and a valid email address before any bids may be placed. Bidders must also agree to the Rules and Regulations of the Auction as outlined.
5. This is a charity auction with most items having a starting minimum bid of 20% of the retail value, what we call a minimum bid. We reserve the right to make exceptions, particularly where specifically instructed by the donor. The reserve bid amount will be revealed 2 days before the end of the auction. Please note that the minimum bid details are provided to you for each specific item.
6. When you enter a bid, if it is the first bid on an item, it must be at or above the minimum starting bid. Most items have a reserve bid which must be met or exceeded to win the item. Follow-up bidding must be at least the increment stated on each item. (Upon placing a bid, you may see this announcement: You Are The New Leading Bidder!
7. There will be proxy bidding. To use the proxy option simply enter the highest bid you wish to place for an item into the bid field then click submit and you're done - our system will do your bidding for you up to the maximum amount you have entered, using the increments stated on the item.
8. The Rotary Clubs of Oakville Trafalgar, Milton, Kitchener and Mississauga Lakeshore will not provide any individuals’ information to any third party unless the registered bidder has indicated this is acceptable. For further information please read our Privacy Rules thoroughly.
9. Should you be the winning bidder you will be notified via email shortly after the close of the Auction. Typically the emails are sent out within 30 minutes of the auction close. If a bidder declines an item, or their payment method is declined, you may be the runner-up winner of an item and could receive notice of a winning bid up to 4 days after the auction.
10. You must pay for your purchase(s) by Visa or MasterCard online, at the Secure Payment Site provided by the 2016 Auction website. No other form or method of payment will be accepted.
11. It is possible to have 2 or more bids for the same dollar amount to be placed almost simultaneously. However, there is no possibility of a “tie”. The Auction system automatically records the first bid down to the nearest 100th of a second. Unless you receive an email confirming you are the highest bidder, you may have been outbid by a fraction of a second.
12. The Rotary Clubs of Oakville Trafalgar, Milton, Kitchener and Mississauga Lakeshore have established a 2016 Auction Committee that shall, on their behalf, have the final say on all winning bids or any dispute that may arise.
13. All items are to be picked up at the 2016 Rotary Auction Pickup Centre at 140 Thomas Street in Oakville during one of the established pickup sessions unless arranged ahead of time with the 2016 Rotary Auction Committee. There will be no delivery service of items offered or provided except for winning bidders who live in Milton and have pre-paid. Bidders from Kitchener may pick up their items from the Kitchener warehouse location provided they have pre-paid.
For pickup or delivery in Milton, please contact Vino Khimasia at (905)864-1864. email email@example.com.
For pickup in Kitchener please contact Neil Swayze at (519) 578-6306, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rotary Auction Pick-up Centre at 140 Thomas Street in Oakville will be open during the following hours:
Friday, November 25, 2016 from 7:00 pm until 9:00 pm
Saturday, November 26, 2016 from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm
Sunday, November 27, 2016 from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm
Wednesday, November 30, 2016 from 7:00 pm until 9:00 pm FINAL PICKUP DATE
PLEASE NOTE: The Rotary Auction Pick-up Centre is NOT wheelchair accessible. If mobility is an issue and you are the successful bidder of an item please contact the 2016 Rotary Auction Committee by email to email@example.com to make alternative arrangements and/or to have a Rotarian meet you at the pick-up location at the front door to help facilitate pick-up of items.
14. The Total Purchase price of an item is defined as the successful bid price.
15. The Rotary Clubs of Oakville Trafalgar, Milton, Kitchener and Mississauga Lakeshore will have collected the Total Purchase Price from the winning buyer through the Secure Payment Site provided prior to pickup for all items. The Total Purchase Price includes HST.
16. Auction listings of items available for bidding, as listed on the Internet, are a guide only and the 2016 Rotary Auction Committee and its Donors take no responsibility and will accept no liability arising from an inaccurate description of an item. This is a charity auction with donated items. All items must be accepted “as is, where is”.
17. Each bid shall be considered legally binding to purchase.
18. No bid made may be retracted.
19. The total purchase price of all items bid for must be paid in full by the successful bidder to the Rotary Clubs of Oakville Trafalgar, Milton, Kitchener and Mississauga Lakeshore through the Secure Payment Site prior to any pickup of items. The only acceptable payment methods will be by Visa or MasterCard through the Secure Payment Site provided.
20. All successful bidders will be provided with the item in question or a gift certificate at our pickup centre once payment has been verified.
21. All delivery or alternate pick-up arrangements must be made ahead of time with the 2016 Rotary Auction Committee.
22. Any items not paid for by 11:59 pm on Tuesday, November 29, 2016 and/or not picked up by the final pick-up date of Wednesday, November 30, 2016 (excluding those for which alternate arrangements have been made) shall be deemed to have been rejected by the purchaser (winning bidder) and the sale shall be deemed to have been cancelled and the Rotary Clubs of Oakville Trafalgar, Milton, Kitchener and Mississauga Lakeshore are entitled to put the item up for sale again either by private sale or by public auction, or return the item to the donor if deemed appropriate.
23. By bidding at the 2016 Oakville Rotary Auction website the bidder accepts these conditions of sale and acknowledges that they form part of the contract of sale and purchase.
24. The Rotary Clubs of Oakville Trafalgar, Milton, Kitchener and Mississauga Lakeshore, the 2016 Rotary Auction Committee, and their members accept no personal responsibility or liability for the condition and/or representation of any item sold in this auction.